Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Journal Keeping

I just came across these thoughts I jotted down on keeping a journal. . .

I remember writing in my journal, furiously trying to record every last thought that entered my over-active imagination. Sometimes my mind would get so far ahead of my pen that I'd scramble to catch up. Other times my pen was eager to do the work, but my mind decided to go on vacation. It's not easy to record your thoughts when your thoughts aren't cooperating. Maybe there are some that are eager to get out, fully-formed and ready to be introduced to the world. Then there are others that aren't quite ready to make their debut. They're still being formulated, perfected, evolved. They'll come spilling out on the page when they're ready. Best not to push them too hard.

No comments: