Saturday, March 5, 2011

Project 31 Day 18: Describe Your Personality

Well, I'm going to have to cheat again on this one. Well, maybe it's not really cheating. Maybe it's just my way of using some new information I just learned about. Why don't you be the judge?

I love Shauna Niequist. Anyone who knows me well knows that she's one of my favorite authors ever, and that I am certain that we would be very good friends if given the chance.  As a devoted reader, I follow her blog and devour everything she writes. This past week, she wrote about something I'd never heard about--Enneagrams. Had you ever heard of them?

Anyway, I read her synopsis of them, and there were two of them that resonated very deeply with me. I'm pretty sure I'm more one than the other, but there are aspects both that struck a chord in me as well. I guess I've decided that I'm mostly one of them, and sort-of the other. (Mostly a Reformer, sort of a Peacemaker.) So instead of describing my personality for you, I'm cheating, and I'm going to have you read about the numbers of the Enneagram that resonated with me. After doing so, you'll get a good insight into my personality :)

Head on over to Shauna's Blog to read about my personality if you want, but I think it'd be more fun to figure out your own number. It's eye opening, and I think it is good to know these things about ourselves.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

3 things:

1)I LOVE enneagrams. My favorite Neuropsychologist MD (Dan Siegel) writes about them in his new book _The Mindful Therapist_. I am studying them for use in the therapeutic setting.

2)I will spend more time pouring over Shauna's descriptions to learn more about you.

3)I knew Shauna @ WCCC and she was very sweet and sincere. I know you would be friends! (Remember my dad was on staff there?) More importantly, my first trip to the principal's office was with her would-be husband Aaron. 4th grade. He made me absolutely LIVID. ...the thing that sucked about it was that even though he made me mad, I really did like his person. He was already an amazing, cool artist at 10. I'm glad those 2 found each other. I figured that out when they were at Mars Hill. Looks like life is good for them!