Monday, January 31, 2011

Project 31 Day 7: Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman.

This one's dedicated to all my fellow "Captividians."

It feels like a lifetime ago that we sat in Miss Joni's living room, a mixed bouquet of women from so many walks of life, all unique and beautiful in our own ways, and all united by one thing: a deep desire to restore our feminine hearts to their original vitality.

As I write this, the song "Beautiful" by Mercy Me just started playing. I've heard it so many times in the past couple of weeks; the first time was just after I'd had a battle with myself over my self-image. I was feeling distinctly unbeautiful one evening, and the next day I heard this song on the radio several times in one day. It seemed to always be on whenever I turned on the radio. After about the fourth time, I finally realized that hearing it that many times--almost in a row--wasn't exactly normal, so I stopped to listen to the words long enough to figure out that God was definitely sending me a message. Now, as I write to all of you, it's on again--and I believe God is sending a reminder to all of you, too--that you're breathtaking. Lovely. Cherished. Beautiful. My dear friend Ashley posted a lovely video montage set to this song and posted it on her own blog. You can see it here, and I really encourage you to take the time watch it. 

I know how easy it is to forget the truth about yourself. I've been battling with losing perspective, with losing track of the truth, and I know some of you have probably been walking through a season where you've lost sight of who you really are, too. If you're like me and you've forgotten the truth, or are having a hard time believing the truth even though you know it, then I hope this will jog your memory and encourage you to take a big risk and believe what God says is actually true.

The truth is this: "You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you." (Song of Solomon 4:7).

What does that mean, exactly? That you're perfect? Certainly not. But you're perfectly made. Everything about you is just as God wanted it to be. He made you to be a breathtaking beauty who gently allures, an ezer kenegdo who courageously comes alongside, and a warrior princess who boldly battles in the face of the enemy. You're the captivating crown of creation.

You are altogether beautiful. Remember it. Live it. And pass it on.



No comments: